Jump to navigation
Located in the Sahtu Region of the Northwest Territories, the Oscar Creek Bridge is being relocated 6 kilometres upstream of its current location.
- 1 lane bridge
- 66 metres in length
- New location will follow the 1970’s Public Works Canada Alignment
- Located at kilometre 1054.5 on the Mackenzie Valley Winter Road
- The Oscar Creek Bridge will provide a safe and reliable method of crossing the Oscar Creek.
- A permanent bridge will extend the winter road season and improve access between communities.
- A bridge will have lower environmental impacts than traveling over ice crossings.
- Improved inter-mobility between communities will encourage social opportunities, access to health care facilities, sporting events, and traditional land use areas.
- A longer winter road season increases the window-of-access for industry and residents.
- Winter 2019: Obtained a land use permit for geotechnical investigations
- Winter 2019-Spring 2019: Geotechnical investigations are currently underway
- Summer 2020: Regulatory approvals expected
- Winter 2022: New alignment and bridge location expected to officially open to the public