Veteran Licence Plates
Veteran plates are available to any person who has honourably:
- Served in the Armed Forces of Canada, the Commonwealth, or its wartime allies for a minimum of three years.
- Served in the Merchant Navy, or Ferry Command during wartime.
- Performed NATO service of Peacekeeping mission(s) with the Armed Forces of Canada
To apply for a veteran plate, follow these steps:
- Complete this application form and submit with the supporting documentation to your local branch of the Royal Canadian Legion in the NWT.
- The application will be forwarded to Northwest Territories/Alberta Command for certification, then on to the Department of Infrastructure's Licencing and Compliance division.
- Once approved, the applicant will be notified to to go their local issuing office and complete a Veteran Licence Plate registration, new issue, or exchange transaction.
PLEASE NOTE: Veteran plates are non-transferable.