Property management is carried out over the whole life of a facility - acquisition, use, and disposal. Our property management clients have different needs. They may need a single office, a special workspace for a health centre, or offices for a whole department. The goals of our property management group are to:
- Acquire facilities that meet the end-users needs, at a reasonable cost
- Keep the end-users satisfied as long as they are in the space
- Protect and ensure the cost-effective operation, maintenance and disposal of facilities
- Effectively administer facility lease contracts
Our current lease portfolio contains 96 leases and is valued at $27 million.
We support the operation and maintenance of government assets through:
- Maintenance Planning
- Utility Monitoring and Energy Management Planning
- Emergency and Fire Prevention Planning
- Asbestos Abatement Program
- Vehicle and Equipment Specifications and Maintenance
- Maintenance Management Systems
- Special Investigation Projects
PWS regional operations and maintenance staff use these forms as part of facility maintenance.