On This Page
Due to COVID-19, sales and donations are not being offered until further notice. Only GNWT departments, boards, agencies, and other local governments can arrange sale, surplus, or donation of surplus goods.
Surplus goods may be donated to priority interest groups in the following priority order:
- Public Corporations
- Community Governments
- Band Councils, Métis Locals and Non-Profit Organizations
A letter must be provided from the above groups and sent to their local INF regional office indicating which surplus goods they are interesting in.
NOTE: Transportation costs are the responsibility of the organization.
To surplus government goods within Yellowknife (except vehicles, see below):
- Complete the surplus goods form.
- Send the completed form to email@example.com. The GNWT warehouse will arrange to have the items picked up from the departments at the cost of the warehouse (unless it is a large amount of surplus).
To surplus government vehicles within Yellowknife:
- Complete the report of surplus mobile equipment form.
- Complete the dispose/write-down an asset form.
- Send both completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. Both forms need to be reviewed and approved by the warehouse prior to any vehicle being dropped off. Warehouse staff will contact the individual to determine the date, time, location of drop-off within the yard and a transfer of keys to warehouse staff. This cost is covered by the department.
To purchase an item(s) from the GNWT’s warehouse catalogue:
- Complete the requisition of warehouse stocked items form. GNWT employees: the “Send to SAM” section must be filled out.
- Send the completed form to email@example.com. The requisition must be approved prior to any items being issued. Items ordered from the catalogue are usually ready for issue within three days and are shipped at the cost of the department.