Sunday, November 4, 2018
The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) began scheduled airlifts of essential cargo the week of October 15, 2018. The first priorities for airlift include fuel and food, followed by items such as construction materials, home appliances, medical and personal health care items, and general cargo.
The airlift plan does not include the movement of larger vehicles and trucks. However, other vehicle cargo such as snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles will be airlifted.
MTS customers will not be charged any additional fees for airlifted cargo.
Cargo airlift dates and destinations include*:
- Monday October 29 Paulatuk and Kugluktuk
- Tuesday October 30 Paulatuk and Cambridge Bay
- Wednesday October 31 Paulatuk and Kugluktuk
- Thursday November 1 Paulatuk and Cambridge Bay
- Friday November 2 Paulatuk and Kugluktuk
- Saturday November 3 Paulatuk and Kugluktuk
*Additional dates will be added as details are confirmed. Dates are subject to change due to weather, etc.
Local logistics support has been engaged in Paulatuk, Kugluktuk and Cambridge Bay to assist in the offloading and delivery of cargo to shippers.
Toll-free phone numbers have been set up for each of the three communities:
- Cambridge Bay: 1-833-297-8350
- Kugluktuk: 1-833-297-8351
- Paulatuk: 1-833-297-8352
Customers can also call the general toll free number, 1-844-574-2023, or email email@example.com.