Boilers and Pressure Vessels


To register or renew your registration, download and complete the appropriate form. Once you have completed the form, send it via email along with the appropriate fee to:

See the "Fees" section for listed fees.

Operating Engineers

All Qualified Operating Engineers must be certified in order to be issued permits for work done under the Boilers and Pressure Vessels Act. You can be certified as an Operating Engineer by taking an examination or by transferring certification from another province or territory.


All welders must have a valid NWT Welding Performance Qualification Card. It is valid for 24 months from the day issued, unless the chief inspector grants an extension (up to 6 more months). You can be certified as a welder by taking a qualification test and having the required experience or certificate.