Jump to navigation
- Two-lane gravel highway
- 97 kilometres in length
- Public-private partnership (P3)
- Capital cost of the project is $200 million
- The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) is working in partnership with the Tłı̨chǫ Government to advance the project.
- The project is funded jointly by the Government of Canada (25%) and the Government of the Northwest Territories (75%).
- Replacing the southern section of the existing winter road will adapt to the impacts of climate change, provide uninterrupted access to Whatì and increase the winter road window-of-access to the communities of Gamètì and Wekweètì.
- Transportation efficiencies will reduce the cost of living for the region and embrace social opportunities.
- The capital ceiling in the Request for Proposals (RFP) is $200 million.
- All-weather access will attract further interest from industry in exploration and development of natural resources.
- Road construction and maintenance will result in significant employment and training opportunities for Tłı̨chǫ residents that support the development of a strong northern workforce.